Clayface is a former actor and human whos body was turned into clay and had the power to shapeshift and who was hired by Black Mask to be a corporate saboteur and to deceive Batman by taking the form of others. He is voiced by Fred Tatasciore.
Basil Karlo was a successful actor that operated in Gotham City and worked at the Monarch Theater. His best known role was a Clayface in the horror play, The Terror. One night after finishing a play Karlo was in a car crash and rushed to the hospital. His face was horrily disfigured which had supposedly ruined his career. While in the hospital Karlo was visited by Black Mask who abducted him. Later, Black Mask told Karlo that he could fix his face but only if Karlo worked for him, which Karlo agreed to. Black Mask later submerged Karlo in a pool of radioactive protoplasm which turned his body into clay and gave him the power to shapeshift.
After Karlo gained his powers he was able to make his body look like he did before he was in the car accident. Karlo's career then took off and he became more successful than ever. To repay Black Mask for what he did Karlo agreed to sabotage Wayne Enterprise and Daggett Industries so that Sionis could get a government contract to build a new space station. Black Mask also had Clayface (as he now called himself) pretend to attack Sionis Industries so that no one would suspect that Roman Sionis and Black Mask were the same person. Bruce Wayne eventually discovered that Clayface was really Basil Karlo and confronted him at the Monarch Theater. Bruce managed to activate the theater's sprinkler system and the water weakened Clayface's clay body. Batman then burst the water pipe and Clayface was washed down a drain.
Powers and abilitiesEdit
- Density control: Clayface can control the density of his clay body making it tough or soft.
- Shapeshifting: Clayface can also form his clay body into almost any form. This power allows him to take on the appearane of any normal human. This power also allows Clayface to form his hand into various weapons such as ax's and knives.
- Voice mimicking: Clayface can also impersonate the voice of anyone that he shapeshifts into.
- Super Strength: Karlo's mutation also greatly enhanced his strength to superhuman levels.
- Acting: Because of Karlo's skills at acting he is able to fool almost anyone while disguised as another person.
- Water: If Clayface is exposed to water his clay body becomes very weak and makes him melt and fall apart.